I am currently on a Work to Residence Visa under the South Island Contribution visa category. What do I have to do to become eligible for residency?
In general, to be eligible for residence under the South Island Contribution category, you must demonstrate that you:
• Have held a work visa under this category for at least 2 years; and
• Have worked in the region and industry specified in your visa for the entire 2 year period; and
• Have worked for a compliant employer during that entire time; and
• Hold current employment, or an offer of employment which meets applicable criteria; and
• Meet the health and character requirements applicable to your application.
There are other specific conditions you must also meet following the grant of a residence visa under this category. Considering the importance of this application, we recommend you seek professional advice at the outset to ensure you meet the requisite criteria.