I was on a work visa but things didn’t work out with my employer and I was fired during the 90 day trial period. What are my options?

If you hold a work visa which is tied to a particular employer, had a clause in your employment agreement that provided for a 90 day trial period, and were notified during the trial period that you will be dismissed, you may be eligible for a Dismissed Worker Visitor Visa.

This visa can be granted for up to 3 months and may include your partner and any dependent children. You must also demonstrate that you meet the funds or sponsorship requirements for visitors, provide evidence of your ability to fund your onward travel and meet the health and character requirements for visitors. If you find yourself in this situation, we recommend you seek professional advice as to your options.