Immigration Lawyers of Laneneave banner

Question of the Week

I am currently on a Work to Residence Visa under the South Island Contribution visa category. What do I have to do to become eligible for residency?

In general, to be eligible for residence under the South Island Contribution category, you must demonstrate that you:

• Have held a work visa under this category for at least 2 years; and
• Have worked in the region and industry specified in your visa for the entire 2 year period; and
• Have worked for a compliant employer during that entire time; and
• Hold current employment, or an offer of employment which meets applicable criteria; and
• Meet the health and character requirements applicable to your application.

There are other specific conditions you must also meet following the grant of a residence visa under this category. Considering the importance of this application, we recommend you seek professional advice at the outset to ensure you meet the requisite criteria.

Submit your free Question Below